Monday, January 13, 2014

Re: Experiencing Emotional Weakness...

New post

I just finished an online chat with a very old and dear friend of mine.  

During that conversation, I was asked if I was able to experience feelings of vulnerability...when the answer was yes, I was also asked if I had learned how to refrain from pushing people away that were able to see that weakness?  

(Of course this is an old friend who felt that pushing years ago... I was pretty good at hiding from feeling true feelings of closeness when things got too intense.)

So to continue - My chat responses were as follows;  


"I feel that I am as weak as I am, 
as strong as I allow myself to be, 
and hopefully blessed with the wisdom to see both in any given moment"

In my mind, this was a fair point as the push and pull between control and vulnerability is one of the defining characters of our humanity...when this is not in balance, we become trapped...slaves to our ego...or victims to our fear. 

As the discussion continued, I answered the question with the following statements;


"- Am I vulnerable?  
Yes.

 -Have I been scared about being that way?  
Scared like a rabbit in the presence of a wolf... 

 - Have I been aware of my weakness and frailty? 
Not when my ego was busy living in self delusion due to my fear.  

 - Do i know it now?  
Thankfully.  

- Am I better human being after escaping this self delusional cycle?  
Absolutely."


I thought about this for a few moments, and said a prayerful "Thank You" for the insight delivered during this conversation.    

And with that, I left the chat, which was followed by a moment of synchronicity...  Within minutes, the following quote hit my FB feed as part of a post with an incredibly beautiful picture showing a snowy scene along a path through the forest with the following quote;



"Serenity is...  The Wisdom to Know the Difference."


I agree.  


Peace and Blessings. 



"On wind and light...Hope is eternal"  wwm2014
  




No comments:

Post a Comment